May 18, 2012

Review: I Heart You, You Haunt Me

By: Lisa Schroeder
Published: January 2008 by Simon Pulse
Format: Paperback, 226 pages
First Reviewed: August 2010
Buy: Barnes & Noble//Books-A-Million//Amazon//Book Depository
Add it on Goodreads

Some bonds just can't be broken.

Girl meets boy.
Girl loses boy.
Girl gets boy back...
...sort of.

Ava can't see him or touch him, unless she's dreaming. She can't hear hisvoice, except for the faint whispers in her mind. Most would think she'scrazy, but she knows he's here.
Jackson. The boy Ava thought she'd spend the rest of her life with. He's back from the dead, as proof that love truly knows no bounds.

Rating: 3/5

I had been wanting this for a while, based off the summary and cover and title (yes, I know, you're not supposed to judge based on cover or title, but I couldn't help it), and I'm so glad that I finally got my hands on it.

I did enjoy the characters a lot. I felt the emotion from Ava extremely well, and I fell in love with Jackson. At first, I didn't think I would, but then at the end, he was perfect. The supporting characters were also nice, and I enjoyed reading about Ava's friends. They were a nice support, and they were believable. My only complaint about the main characters would be that I never had a clear picture of them, which I like in books. So I wish we could have had a bit more description with them.

Loved it! If you're a fan of Ellen Hopkins, definitely check out Lisa Schroeder. Her writing flows so well, and I never once stumbled over a word (except tatoo toward the middle somewhere...It should have been "tattoo." ;]), and I cannot wait to dive into her other two books that I got.

I thought this was definitely a great concept. For one, I love ghosts, but two, the moral behind it was great. It was also paced very well. It's a quick read, but I never once got bored, and I keep turning the pages to find out more. There were emotional moments as well as uplifting ones, and it was one of the most beautifully crafted plots I've read in a while.

Random, but I didn't care for the titles of each poem, because I kept wanting to go straight through, but then I'd remember, "Oh hey, there's a title," so I'd stop, read the title, then get back to reading. But then again, that's probably just on my part.

Overall, I'm glad I finally got to read this, and it was a nice, quick read that I wouldn't mind checking out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment