May 19, 2012

Review: Spirit Bound

By: Richelle Mead
Published: May 2010 by Razorbill
Format: Hardback, 489 pages
First Reviewed: May 2010
Buy: Barnes & Noble//Books-A-Million//Amazon//Book Depository
Add it on Goodreads

Dimitri gave Rose the ultimate choice. But she chose wrong...

After a long and heartbreaking journey to Dimitri's birthplace in Siberia, Rose Hathaway has finally returned to St. Vladimir's—and to her best friend, Lissa. It is nearly graduation, and the girls can't wait for their real lives beyond the Academy's iron gates to begin. But Rose's heart still aches for Dimitri, and she knows he's out there, somewhere.
She failed to kill him when she had the chance. And now her worst fears are about to come true. Dimitri has tasted her blood, and now he is hunting her. And this time he won't rest until Rose joins him . . . forever.

Rating: 5/5

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Okay, Vampire Academy is my favorite series hands down, so I'd been counting down the days until this book hit the shelves. NINE MONTHS! I could have had a freaking baby for as long as I had to wait for this. All I know is...it was definitely worth the wait! And I don't know how Richelle Mead did it, but she surpassed my expectations!

Whoever doesn't love Rose is on crack! And do I need to mention Adrian? What about Dimitri? Yes, I still loved him! Lissa? Christian? Eddie? Everyone! Mead does an amazing job weaving the characters in-and-out of this story. All of them are well-developed and all have a roll to play. She handles a lot of characters, both minor and major, and she handles it well. Gosh, these are some of the most amazingly crafted characters I've ever read about and love all of them, even the ones who were not supposed to, because they're that well-rounded. Anyhow, I feel like I'm talking in circles, but I can't say enough good things about them.

Do I even need to say it? Yes, I do. And I'll say it a thousand times over. Richelle Mead is a GOD(dess) of writing. She knows how to craft a plot of not just a book, but a series! And her writing doesn't stay consistent...it gets even better! The way her sentences flow and the way she moves the story is something I wish more people had. This series is the only series that I've read with long chapters and I don't care. This 500 page book could have been three chapters and it wouldn't have mattered because she's just that good. I devoured this in just a few hours. Mead adds just the right amount of detail, description, and develops her characters and plot at the perfect pace. I really can't say enough about how much I admire her as a writer. She's fantastic.

Just...too amazing for words. There's really nothing else to it. Mead throws so many -- and by "many" I mean the perfect amount; it wasn't over done -- twists and turns, and has great action balanced with fun scenes. And the fact that I even thought this was better than Blood Promise (Vampire Academy #4), really impresses me. I have yet to read a series where each book is amazing and each book continues to get even more amazing. It really is everything I look for in books.

Fantastic! Fantastic! Fantastic! I feel like I should have just gone through and put that word in each category. There's really no other word to describe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment